The members of CalCIMA produce vital construction and industrial materials that support the quality of life enjoyed by California's society. CalCIMA members acknowledge our responsibility to operate in a manner that integrates sustainable environmental protection practices. CalCIMA Members are encouraged to achieve the objectives defined in the Environmental Principles.
- DEDICATED to maintaining a balance between people, the economy, and the environment.
- PRACTICE environmental responsibility by demonstrating management commitment in engaging and training employees at all levels to meet environmental goals and objectives.
- PROMOTE integrated environmental management in facilities and operations in order to conserve energy and resources, minimize waste, and protect the environment.
- RECOGNIZE that environmental protection is consistent with sound business objectives.
- MONITOR environmental performance on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities for environmental improvements consistent with business plans.
- PROMOTE the use of recycled products within operations, and work with customers, regulators, and government policymakers to encourage the use of recycled construction materials.
- ADVOCATE that construction materials production and environmental protection are critical to our quality of life and a sustainable economy.
- COMMUNICATE our contributions to environmental performance to the community and stakeholders.
- RECLAIM land used by our operations in an environmentally responsible manner.