HOW IS IT THAT IMAGES TODAY SPEAK EVEN MORE THAN A THOUSAND WORDS?
Thanks to Social Media and the Web, Visuals and Images Also Get to Speak First, Get Liked More and Shared More.CalCIMA is working to make sure the industry's message about aggregates, construction and industral materials is heard. That Message? We are – Sustainable. Beneficial. Essential. The work you and your employer impacts how every Californian lives their life and the quality of their life. One way we’re doing that is by your stories and with your stories a visual of some type. Something pertinant to your story or a project you're working on or have worked on. Whether at home, in the field, or at a desk. In fact, in social media terms, a story with a visual is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other type of content.
THE RIGHT VISUALDon't panic, we know you may not be a photographer in your spare time. But there are few simple things to remember, when taking or looking for that perfect visual that can really make a difference.
SIMPLE DOS AND DON’TSEven More Facts on The Importance of Visuals.
- Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Buffer, 2014)
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images. (Buzzsumo, 2015)
- 71% of online marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing. (Social Media Examiner, 2015)
- Researchers found that colored visuals increase people's willingness to read a piece of content by 80%. (Xerox, 2014)
- Research has shown that when people hear information, they are likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later. (LifeLearn, 2015)
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content. (Mass Planner, 2015)