Outside Sales Representative - Associated Ready Mix
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
As a valued member of our team, the Outside Sales Representative will service the Los Angeles area. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, this candidate will be responsible for selling and providing technical assistance relative to our ready mix concrete products within specified markets, while focusing on growing prospective customers to increase market share and improving profit margins. Our family-owned company offers highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401k plan, flexible spending account program, paid time off and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Effectively preparing bid packages and quotes
- Maintaining accurate forecasts through formal backlog reporting
- Targeting and acquiring new accounts and maintaining existing accounts by strengthening customer relationships
- Working with customers and the Credit Department to optimize accounts receivable
- Developing and maintaining strategic analysis of customer base, competition, and marketplace
- Representing our Company in industry associations
Skills & Qualifications
- Goal and results oriented with the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis in time management
- Knowledge of Caltrans specifications
- Familiarity with Southern California Aggregates/RMC markets, competitors, and existing/potential customer base
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- 5 years sales experience or related experience in the construction materials industry
- Experience with construction materials, processes and equipment
*** EXPERIENCE IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY IS PREFERRED BUT NOT MANDATORY ***
Candidate must have effective communication skills in the English language in both written and verbal form.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated Ready Mix, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).