Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor
is primarily responsible to supervise a team of Craft persons in the daily execution of work orders and P.M. check sheets to ensure the plant is maintained in good order.
This opportunity is perfect for the heavy industrial professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to focus on leadership of a tenured and technically knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials industry.
What you’ll get to do:
To Apply: Please visit https://http://careers.lehighhanson.com/
- Supervises work of the craft persons assigned to the team. Effectively utilizes and applies all aspects of the plant’s Maintenance Improvement Program (MIP).
- Oversees and ensures quality work performance of maintenance crews and outside contractors
- Manages any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to minimize downtime
- Evaluates and communicates anticipated jobs and provides input into store stock inventory
- Participates in developing work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of mechanical expenditures, and procedures for equipment and appliance maintenance
- Participates in projects through preparing material and labor estimates and in project implementation
- Utilizes and updates in SAP and KRONOS as required
- Enforces and upholds company rules and policies
- Participates in the implementation of the Company safety program, and enforces Company, MSHA and OSHA safety legislation, regulations and policies
- Participates in the plant’s on-call program
- Ensures that maintenance department tools and equipment are in good working condition and appropriate stock is available
- Evaluates skills, determines appropriate training, and provides development for assigned staff
- Administers the collective bargaining agreement; participates in discipline and grievance process as required
||Lehigh Hanson Region West
|Posting Start Date:
||Who we are looking for:
- Extensive mechanical repair and maintenance experience with supervisory experience; completion of a federally approved technical training program in mechanical repair or relevant AA degree preferred.
- Prior experience working with large rotating heavy industry machinery and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others with or without direct authority
- Solid organizational skills
- Working knowledge of SAP and KRONOS
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and Word
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment with responsibility for administering the terms of a collective agreement, including active part in the disciple and grievance procedures is a plus
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing situations
- Ability to perform tasks that include walking, climbing equipment, working within confined spaces, and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to provide coverage during off-shift hour and weekends as required
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings of machines, plant & equipment.
||This listing expires on: 4/7/2021