The Laboratory Supervisor will be responsible for the safety and production in the laboratory to include; analytical, metallurgical, fire assay, chemical, development, sample preparation and required equipment installation. They will also be responsible for the training, coaching and mentoring of personnel in these activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the laboratory.
2. Train and monitor technician’s progress in all procedures.
3. Monitor and make changes when necessary to all processes.
4. Monitor the quality of the data provided by the analytical laboratory and make changes as needed.
5. Be knowledgeable of the MSHA/OSHA regulations.
6. Be capable of installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining instruments and equipment required.
7. Develop employee potential through progressive increases in responsibility.
8. Perform employee evaluations and give feedback with respect to performance.
9. Direct and perform monthly, weekly, and daily safety meetings, and perform general and oversight inspections in all areas.
10. Completion of monthly required KPIs.
11. Identify areas where processes and/or procedures could be improved and implement necessary measures or take up with Process Superintendent.
12. Maintain effective work relationships with other departments (Mining, Safety, Environmental and HR) as well as work groups within the Process department (maintenance, lab).
13. Coordinate needs for supplies, maintenance, equipment and personnel with other departments and suppliers.
14. Provide leadership and demonstration of company values through words and actions.
15. Other relevant duties as required.
To Apply: Please email equinoxgold.appone.com