Quality Control Technician
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our hot mix asphalt, ready mix concrete, and aggregate QC team. This position is responsible for assuring product quality by conducting inspections and evaluating the finished product. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for advancement.
This opportunity is perfect for the individual who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. As the Quality Control Technician, you will have the opportunity to learn about a stable industry as you work across the hot-mixed asphalt, ready mix concrete and aggregates business lines. This is a unique opportunity for you to begin your career with a proven leader in the ready mix concrete, hot mix asphalt, aggregate and construction materials industry.
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and company regulations
- Report unsafe conditions and accidents or incidents immediately
- Attend required safety meetings
2. Obtains various aggregates products at the production facilities for testing purposes
- Performs physical testing on material samples to ensure production runs are within specified limits
3. Visits job or production sites to secure samples of material for further testing. Testing will include, but is not limited to gradations, sand equivalents, cleanness values, asphalt binder contents (ignition oven), etc.
- Uses test standards as listed in ASTM, AASHTO or other municipal specifications.
4. Responsible for data entry of information into database, including new and revised mix designs and compressive strength results
5. Frequently lifts up to 50 lbs. daily
6. Assists other technicians with material testing as needed
7. Performs other duties and assignments as required
To Apply: Please visit http://careers.lehighhanson.com/