HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Assist customers at service window, offers product information, prints tickets for customers and deliveries, answers phones, takes standard FOB (Freight On Board) orders, performs general office duties and provides courteous customer service
To Apply: Please visit https://http://careers.lehighhanson.com/
- Operates the vehicle scale by performing the following:
- Verifies job assignments previously scheduled by the dispatcher and attaches scheduled trucks to the appropriate order number
- Notifies drivers of the product to be loaded as necessary
- Weighs loaded trucks and prints the customers ticket for signature
- Maintains radio communication with loader operators and drivers. Acts as the liaison between the drivers, dispatchers and load operators relaying pertinent information as needed
- Answers phones, promotes customer service, offers product information and pricing to drop-in customers
- Collects CODs from drivers and FOB (Freight On Board) customers, then records information onto the COD forms by:
- Envelope number
- Ticket number
- Ticket amount
- Amount collected
- Runs credit card sales by typing in required information into credit card machine, and records the information onto the COD report
- Processes the courier bags daily for shipment to main office
- Runs end of day reports
- Perform service related duties as needed
- Assist with AP invoice data entry and Monthly inventory process
||Lehigh Hanson Region West
||San Andreas, CA
|Posting Start Date:
||HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Experience in resolving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer service
- Ability to work overtime and weekend shifts
||This listing expires on: 5/26/2021