Business Partner, Operational Support
Reports to the Director Operational Support leading a team to partner with Head of Planning and Administration (HPA) and Region President to improve business unit performance, proactively look for opportunities to improve results, find solutions and “outside the box” opportunities, act as a business-savvy internal business consultant, with a results and analysis focus on all business results.
To Apply: Please go to https://www.cemexusa.com
- Acts as primary financial management support to HPA and Region President.
- Leads a team of Operational Support Business Leaders who act as financial partners to their respective business heads.
- Coaches and mentor’s management on P&L understanding, variance analysis and management reporting.
- Participates in the timely and accurate preparation and/or review of all significant financial information provided to Division, Region and Corporate CEMEX management.
- Participates in operational benchmarking and other performance analysis.
- Leads special projects and ad-hoc analysis requests related to revenue management, manufacturing cost management, purchasing, working capital management, and operating expense management.
- Analyzes plant balance sheet accounts and focuses on improvement opportunities.
- Helps maintain, assess and improve the system of internal controls, including self-assessment process and inventory management.
- Participates as member of a high-performance management team charged with maximizing operating cash flow, cash value added and return on investment.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analytical support for HPA and Region President, is the financial business partner of HPA and Region President.
- Be acquainted with and promote internal control best practices, control environment
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Responsible for mentoring and developing talent within the Operational Support Team
- Responsible to work within team to continuously improve processes within CEMEX
Business Partner, Operational Support
|Posting Start Date:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 4 year college degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA designation or strong candidacy preferred
- Leadership experience with teams of both direct and indirect reports preferred
- 5 years of financial management experience. Industry experience preferred
- Experience in financial analysis/special projects
- SAP expertise a plus
- Analytical thinking - problem solver that seeks best solutions
- Active coach and mentor
- Managerial courage to challenge status quo across all level of the organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Player - works well with others and capable of collaborating across regions & functions
- Ethical and high compliance to institutional policies
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/computer equipment
- Capable of working in an open office environment
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and fingering to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
||This listing expires on: 9/30/2021