Air Monitoring-Source Test Specialist
We are looking for a sharp Safety/EHS Specialist to join our team in our Northern CA (Berkeley or San Jose) offices. We are a growing, highly respected environmental consulting firm based out of Southern California. We work on a wide variety of Health and Safety as well as Environmental Air, Water, Waste Permitting and Compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week from either of our Northern CA offices (Berkeley or San Jose) during our normal business hours of 8am-5pm. We offer a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match.
**Please note: In our efforts to protect our employees from the Covid-19 pandemic we are currently promoting our employees to work from home as needed, and are ensuring that client site visits meet the safety requirements set forth by Federal, State, and Local guidelines**
The Safety/EHS Specialist reviews, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and is responsible for designing policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations on workplace safety, health, and the environment. They will also design programs to prevent disease or injury to workers and damage to the environment and provide training to clients.
In addition, support of our other multimedia services such as Hazardous Waste/Materials management, Storm Water and Wastewater compliance, and On-Site EHS compliance will be expected. This candidate will be analyzing regulatory required compliance and technical issues, communicating those analyses within Yorke, with clients, and with regulatory agencies, providing project management leadership and support to project teams, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
This is an experienced level position working under general supervision. Positions at this level are assigned to perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field. As a Safety/EHS Specialist you will also help to provide staff mentorship and training, and peer
review for junior-level staff.
The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
- 8-15 years of experience as a Certified Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist or Environmental Health and Safety Professional, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Ability to work in an organized team fashion with a track record of strong written and verbalcommunication to develop schedules and task requirements, uphold quality standards, and drive the team towards project completion;
- Analyzes and ensures regulatory compliance as they relate to workplace health, safety, and environmental policies for our clients, this includes local, state and federal level regulations;
- Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards;
- Familiarity with various monitoring and sampling methods, procedures, and techniques used in collecting and testing related to air, dust, odor, and noise monitoring;
- Experience in developing and supporting an efficient EH&S Management System on behalf of clients’ sites;
- Experience with different facets of EH&S services such as:
- Job Hazard Analyses;
- Personal Protective Equipment;
- OSHA Regulations;
- ISO 140001;
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring and Reporting;
- Ergonomics Evaluations and Reporting;
- Experience in Lockout/Tagout (LOTO);
- Illness and Injury Prevention Plans (IIPP);
- Training on new regulations;
- Experience with other multimedia and environmental services with a focus on:
- Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as CalARP, SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS and TRI Reporting;
- Storm Water and Wastewater Compliance;
- Air Quality Compliance;
- Extensive experience with process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities;
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus of quality;
- Proven track record of successful regulatory work in dealing with regulatory agencies.