Internal Control Analyst
Support Internal Control in providing objective assurance to management on the effectiveness of the Company’s control activities to help ensure key business risks are being managed appropriately and that effectiveness and the efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting and compliance with regulations is achieved. Perform and participate in audits, reviews of operations and controls testing in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan to verify accuracy and compliance with Company policies, procedures, guidelines and standards and to recommend enhancements to business processes and internal controls.
To Apply: Please visit https://jobs.cemex.com/
- Participate in a team that is responsible for evaluating risk and conducting operational and financial audits for compliance requirements and for the purpose of appraising and continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and internal control systems within the USA business units of CEMEX.
- Sarbanes-Oxley: Annual compliance planning, testing, documentation, reporting and follow up focused in IT systems.
- Work with outside auditors to support the external audit function.
- Operational Support: Identify and promote best practices including participation in the Control Self-Assessments
- Identify and clearly define audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, ensure corrective actions are developed and implemented and present findings to appropriate management.
- Maintain the credibility of the internal audit function by ensuing that work performed is in accordance with the international Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as established by the Institute of Internal Auditors in addition to the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics and the CEMEX Code of Conduct.
- Maintain objectivity, independence and a high level of confidentiality
- Provide service to the business units that meet business objectives and partner with all levels within the organization.
Internal Control Analyst
|Posting Start Date:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields; Accounting or Finance
- Two plus years related experience in auditing required
- Proficient in accounting and auditing principles
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient on SAP
- Strong understanding of IT systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Capable of working in an open concept office environment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- Job involves sitting most of the time with walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors
||This listing expires on: 12/2/2021