Aggregates Plant Manager
Managing daily operation of sand mine; including supervision of salaried supervisor(s) and hourly employees. Responsible for budgeting; mine planning; permitting; working as member of plant management team to achieve operational goals and objectives; managing contracts and contractors; and community relations.
- Achieve and/or maintain Zero4Life
- Utilize VFL program and support the SIC and SBO programs
- Promote a healthy work force
- Track cost and maintain costs in the sand mine operation.
- Develop and maintain a safe and environmentally compliant operation with the assistance of the Safety and Environmental Representatives.
- Develop new operational methods to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
- Interface with Corporate Mine Planning staff as well as local QC staff to develop the short term and long - term mining plan.
- Direct production to meet production goals.
- Minimize overtime used, schedule vacations, etc.
- Maintain equipment with assistance of maintenance personnel through coordination and scheduling.
- Maintain purchasing of regular materials for the operation and work with Procurement to purchase routine materials.
- Maintains operational compliance with zoning and related permits
- Develop annual budget for the operation.
- Responsible for meeting all MSHA and local safety requirements as well as maintaining environmental issues at this sensitively located operation.
- Be a Company Representative with the local community and interface with them.
- Understand basic financial reporting related to aggregate operations
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to help guide production and identify areas for improvement
- Coordinate with sales to plan for future inventory requirements
- Adhere to all CEMEX, MSHA, and OSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
To Apply: Please click here.
Aggregates Plant Manager
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Mining, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3 Years of mine supervision experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) experience required
- AutoCAD experience a plus with desire and ability to learn more detailed mining software (Surpac Quarry)
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment with some physical labor at times
- A Self-motivated Team player with a focus on mission accomplishment
- Capable to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as needed
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
||This listing expires on: 12/15/2021