Plant (Mining) Engineer
This position is responsible for providing plant oversight for cost and engineering activities that facilitates the efficient progress of plant operations and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Determine and calculate production quantities and communicate to management to ensure their understanding of our cost to produce.
- Prepare, implement and test SWPPP’s, hazardous materials plans, in conjunction with the Environmental Department to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform operational improvement studies and recommend improvement or process modifications to ensure the most efficient operations are implemented.
- Conduct and/or participate in safety audits and meetings to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Prepare and prioritize maintenance and repairs of material processing equipment to ensure cost efficient maintenance schedules.
- Manage spare parts inventories so crews can make efficient repairs.
- Perform semi-annual inventory reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Support plant manager, foreman and superintendents as needed to ensure the success of the operation.
To Apply: Please click here.
Plant (Mining) Engineer
||Granite Construction, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related field preferred or equivalent years of work experience.
- 0-4 years of construction materials processing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of materials business.
- General knowledge of Hot Mix Asphalt Plants preferred.
- Knowledge of Plant operations and mechanical requirements.
- General understanding of federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish relationships with agencies and represent Granite in a public forum.
- Public speaking skills and ability to communicate with management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Requirements / Skills
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
||This listing expires on: 2/16/2022