Laboratory Technician Process Lab
The main responsibilities are to safely perform fire assay analyses for gold content using both the acid digestion method and the gravimetric method; and metallurgical analysis by bottle roll and column tests Samples handled include mine samples, leach pad, met lab and carbon samples. As a member of the lab staff, the expectation is to be a leader in terms of safety and teamwork, with the mindset of continuous improvement of the lab functions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Physical Job Description:
Typical Working Conditions:
- Adhere to safe work procedures at all times, ensuring appropriate PPE is worn at all times
- Identify and communicate hazards to other personnel and/or supervisor
- Perform inspections on equipment to note and correct defects
- Proper use of chemicals and fluxes used in fire assaying, Met lab, and throughout the Lab
- Preparation of samples and necessary solutions for fire assaying, Met lab, and throughout the Lab
- Pour, cupel, part and dry fire assay samples
- Use of spreadsheets and paperwork to record, calculate, analyze, and report data
- Capable of operating common instruments and machines associated with gold processing lab to include AA, crusher, pulverizer, screens, sieves, oven, furnace, calibration of microbalances, and all associated ancillary and support equipment
- Perform moisture, carbon density and activity analyses; Chiddey assays, bottle roll and column tests
- Maintain organization of samples
- Active participation in QA/QC activities
- Maintain a clean work area and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Able to assist and train in other areas of lab, as needed
- Other duties as required by supervisor
(Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Primarily indoors with exposure to chemicals, heat, and fumes. The worksite has frequent exposure to extreme temperatures, dust and high wind conditions and occasional flash flooding. The mine site also will have a daily blasting schedule that can be felt and heard throughout the property. There is a variety of desert wildlife around office buildings and throughout the mine property that may or may not be dangerous and /or poisonous or protected species. A variety of desert plant life is also abundant in and around the mine site.
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Furnace, flask shaker, chemical glassware, oven, crusher, pulveriver, AA, scales, bottle rolls, columns, filters, and small pumps. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required when venturing out into the production areas that includes hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear and other PPE as determined to protect the individual.
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Please go to https://equinoxgold.appone.com