Director Operations Aggregates
Directs and coordinates activities of U.S. Operational activities for the designated Aggregates division of CEMEX which includes operations, logistics and maintenance programs to minimize costs and achieve optimum productivity and efficiency for the organization.
- Directs and coordinators activities of the designated Aggregate Operations for the local area of coverage.
- Aids Vice President/General Manager in formulating and administering organization policies.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate managerial personnel, activities of operations department to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
- Develops long range goals and objectives for the designated Aggregates operations
- Directs and coordinates activities of the division for which is delegated to further alignment of established departmental goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs operations, and forecasts data to determine if departmental and/ or divisional programs are moving toward the organizations stated goals and objectives.
- Financial Management accountability: review of maintenance/ton, labor/ton, total cost/ton, EBITDA/ton (monthly reviews with hot spots deep dives)
- Annual review and sign off on Mining & Reclamation Plan (includes defining annual budget for stripping, reserve development, permitting, and reclamation budget)
- Capital Project Management: understand and sign off on annual budget for capital. Strong execution plan in conjunction with project team. Measure vs Target timeline/Budget $.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements
- Confers with VP/General Manager and other administrative personnel to review achievement and discuss required changes in goals and/ or objectives resulting from current status and condition
- Effective Safety Meetings/Communication/Leadership: defined schedules, topics, training topics, safety board / communication, KPI’s & visual management
- Directs, in coordination with departmental objectives, the activities of each plant manager in areas of operations, logistics and maintenance to achieve productivity and efficiency.
- Confers with plant managers and outside vendors to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Manages and develops direct reports within the organization and recommends and approves all departmental budgets.
- Ensures, in conjunction with EHS and all departmental staff, that all safety standards, federal/ state regulation, and requirements are adhered in all facilities.
- Ensures that his/her organization strives to meet customer expectation without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction results consistent with strategic objectives.
To Apply: Please click here.
Director Operations Aggregates
|Posting Start Date:
- Computer skills: Word, Power Point, Excel
- SAP or Master Data entry strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree, preferably in mining engineering, mechanical engineering, or industrial engineering
- 7-10 years of experience performing varied responsibilities related to aggregates operations.
- Minimum of seven years in a supervisory role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of MSHA regulations
- Experience in Budget and P&L along with contract negotiations
- Knowledge of Rockmaster, Agg Flow, and SAP preferred.
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/ computer equipment
- Capable of working in an open and field office environment.
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary.
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
||This listing expires on: 5/13/2022