The plant manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities. As well as management of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Direct, train and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality, shipping and receiving, safety, and customer service and inventory control.
2. Coordinate plant activities through the planning with driver scheduling to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
3. Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
4. Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
5. Manages capital asset maintenance.
6. Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production, quality and safety standards.
7. Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
8. Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
9. Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
10. Ensure compliance with environmental & safety requirements/standards, reporting and managing.
11. Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
12. Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
13. Provides direction, development and leadership to direct reports.
14. Responsible for the performance management of all plant personnel.
15. Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly report compliance.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Decision Making.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Financial Management.
6. Business Acumen.
7. Computer literate and has knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word as well as Outlook.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may vary but are generally Monday through Friday and occasional weekends, 5:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Shift time and total hours worked may be adjusted/vary due to work demand and seasonal requirements. Overtime is mandatory when needed.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in an aggregate, concrete or construction environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Candidate must have effective communication skills in the English language in both written and verbal form.
1. A current, unrestricted, California Class C License is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 8/13/2021