This position is responsible for managing an environmental program for an assigned area/region, including all aspects of the permitting and compliance processes, and provides leadership on environmental matters in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Obtain all environmental permits necessary for the operation of quarries, sand and gravel, asphalt and other related operations to ensure compliance
- Coordinate with business unit personnel at multiple facilities including developing training programs to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Develop, implement and maintain an environmental compliance database which coordinates compliance reports to agencies or parties, coordinates monitoring to meet permit conditions, and brings all worksite facilities into compliance with environmental laws.
- Develop, implement and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) which coordinates legal requirements and compliance tasks, establishes environmental objectives and targets, determines roles and responsibilities for environmental activities, and maintains a document and record system.
- Identify and monitor environmentally significant issues and advise management on the appropriate action to help develop and maintain Granite’s reputation as an environmental leader.
- Works closely with the location Environmental Engineers, Managers and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive and practical environmental strategy.
- Solve technical problems and develop solutions to meet environmental requirements.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships to enhance Granite’s reputation through highly professional interaction with the general public and public officials, including those with perspectives that are contrary to Granite’s objectives.
- Develops environmental awareness of the area workforce through development and implementation of standardized procedures and policies with emphasis on employee training.
- Support and mentor environmental staff whenever appropriate to ensure development and promote an engaged workforce.
||Carlsbad or Anaheim, CA
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, preferred.
- 3-5+ years of related experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must have demonstrated decision making skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Experienced with scheduling, working with subcontractors, budgeting and cost control.
- Ability to establish relationships with agencies and represent Granite in a public forum.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong technical writing skills necessary for preparation of inspection reports, memos and other documents requiring descriptions and summaries.
- Ability to work with all levels of construction project crafts and management personnel to successfully coordinate and complete work requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (for up to 8 hours), walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- A team player.
||This listing expires on: 7/6/2022