Heavy Duty Repair
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing mechanical repairs and maintenance of mining plant production machinery.
- Performs a daily workplace exam of safety hazards and report any problems.
- Conducts routine inspections of all stationary and mobile equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions on different types of rotating and conveyor systems, including pumps, elevators, screw conveyors, belting, material handling, filter belts and other production machines by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, and manufacturer's instructions.
- Uses structural welding skills site wide, performs repairs, using welding and cutting torch equipment according to MSHA and AWS safety and performance standards. Safe usage of hand tools, hoists, jacks and pneumatic tools is required.
- Repairs and maintains stationary equipment, such as conveyor systems, classification equipment, processing screens, water pumps, cone and jaw crushers, air slides, elevators, drives, engines, motors, pneumatic tools compressors, hydraulic systems, and dust collectors.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and uses all senses to listen, see, and feel their sounds, motion, vibration etc. to locate causes of trouble.
- Coordinating Millwrights function with overall Plant Operations; preparing parts lists and order and retrieving parts as needed
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and replaces defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Tracks inventory of replacement parts, supplies and hardware in company’s CMMS.
- Adhere to preventative maintenance program for all equipment, performs tasks and when required, tracks and documents tasks in the company’s CMMS.
- Maintains other required documentation related to maintenance tasks.
- Operates mobile equipment, including a forklift and man-lift.
- Following all required P.W. Gillibrand Maintenance Safety rules, lock-out/tag-out, and Isolation Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Heavy Duty Repair
||PW Gillibrand / Gillibrand Industrial Sands
||Simi Valley, CA
|Posting Start Date:
Work Demands and Environment
- High school diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or vocational training specializing in maintenance preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of practical experience in a maintenance field.
- Experience in milling, cement processing, or similar industry is a strong plus.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and design skills.
- Ability to repair hydraulics, motors, pumps, and gearboxes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Strong welding skills—certification a plus.
- Must be proficient and able to demonstrate welding and fabricating skills using metals such as Hastelloy, Inconel, SS 304 &316L as well Aluminum
- Able to interrupt and following process flow diagrams of job assignment(s). This will be required of the job as the group is involved in small to large scale projects and it is imperative that one understand and can demonstrate this skill in the field working with our customers
- Interpret piping and instrumentation diagram of job assignments to follow piping and related components of the physical process flow to identify branches, reducers, valves, equipment, instrumentation, and control interlocks.
- Crane Certification desired but not required.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Teamwork, creativity, and problem analysis skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in operating mobile equipment is not required but is a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations and all areas within the site which could include heights of 150 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, as needed, including hard hat, hearing protection, eye protection, hard-toed safety shoes or boots, dust mask respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other personal protective equipment.
- Uses power and hand equipment, to perform varied types of rigging, often at heights which require climbing and the use of safety equipment i.e., harness, lanyard, SRL’s, man-lifts, scissor-lifts
- Employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust, fumes, and mineral particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb ladders and stairs, shovel material and work on elevated platforms.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- $25-33 per hour depending on experience
||This listing expires on: 7/13/2022