Manager Block Plant
Responsible for managing the block production plant to produce a quality product at acceptable cost levels. Responsibilities include the efficient and effective utilization of human resources, plant and equipment.
- Hire, train and supervise an adequate number of employees to meet the needs of the block plant operations.
- Based on sales and inventory needs, schedules block plant production.
- Insures proper maintenance of plant production equipment to minimize lost production time. This includes maintaining adequate spare parts inventory.
- Orders raw materials to meet production and inventory needs.
- Insures that production meets or exceeds established quality standards.
- Maintain positive customer relations by responding to and resolving complaints.
- From time to time, may be requested to assist other block operations employees to solve complaints.
- Establish both short and long range budgets in order to meet both current and the preceding years P&L plans. Special attention to wages, repair parts, capital expenses, material cost, and other variable and fixed costs.
- Perform routine mechanical/electrical repairs and preventative maintenance
- Perform troubleshooting and problem solving as needed.
- Prepare daily production reports, down time reports, and other paperwork as required using CEMEX required computerized forms and systems. Responsible for filing and documentation systems
- Batch and adjust mix designs as required
- Train and cross-train block plant personnel as required
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Manager Block Plant
||Las Vegas, NV
|Posting Start Date:
- Position requires the equivalent of a two year Associate degree and/or education in related areas.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Block Production. Should include at least 2 years of full responsibility of all aspects of production, maintenance, and quality control
- Basic OSHA requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication and human resources skills are required
- Strong maintenance knowledge/skills; strong electrical trouble-shooting skills
- Possess management skills
- Experience with the types of production equipment being used in the production process
- Has the ability to motivate the production team
- Electrical blue prints and computer module interfaces (Allen Bradley, IDEC, and/or Texas Instruments).
- A working knowledge of all aspects of control circuits.
- Metal fabrication (welding and cutting)
- A basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic controls and assemblies
- Knowledge of mix design and material requirements.
- Basic knowledge of ASTM specifications and test results.
- Basic OSHA requirements in the Block Plant.
- Familiar with the mill supply industry with respect to parts and purchasing
- Field experience with construction and particularly with the masonry contractors
- Possess background with experience in materials engineering
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force rarely, and/or up to 50 pounds or force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
||This listing expires on: 8/9/2022