This is a skilled position encompassing all aspects of dispatch and management of the Hi-Grade Materials Dispatch Center. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures. This position requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department. The manager needs to be able to build and sustain a team where everyone works well together. Team atmosphere needs to be collaborative with everyone sharing in responsibilities.
- Maintain safety of all personnel working within the business unit.
- Personnel recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, motivating and retaining.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Taking customers’ orders, scheduling and managing deliveries.
- Managing, directing and scheduling drivers.
- Must be responsive to customers’ needs and resolve problems.
- Champion innovation; integrate new processes that improve efficiency.
- Responsible to deliver metric and improving performance.
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes.
- Understand mix designs and the different products associated with different mixes.
- Appraising performance, including quarterly evaluations and new employee 60-day evaluations.
- Addressing complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Assist in product sales and customer relations management for internal and external customers.
- Understanding of the aggregate business and requirements to transport materials.
- Knowledge of areas in which we deliver with the ability to get trucks to the jobsite safely and efficiently.
- Building of trust and rapport with internal, external customers and employees.
- Must be able and willing to travel to site locations.
- Must be willing to work Saturdays.
Directly supervises 5-7 employees. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner. Will need to be able to build and sustain a team where everyone works well together. Team atmosphere needs to be collaborative with everyone sharing in responsibilities.
||Hi-Grade Materials Co.
|Posting Start Date:
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dispatch and or Supervisory experience preferred. Two or more years of office and clerical work. Previous experience in management and/or a culture development will receive preference.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have (or be able to quickly gain) knowledge of Command Alkon, Internet software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Manages difficult or emotional customer and or employee situations; Responds promptly to customer and or employee needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
||This listing expires on: 9/29/2022