Area Manager (Victor Valley)
The Role and the Company
Hi-Grade materials a family-owned regional player in the building materials industry based in Southern California and serving the desert regions. The company has been in business since 1955 and strives in making its employees and customers their priority.
What you’ll get to do
What we have to offer
- Manage and provide leadership for the operations staff to ensure site safety and environmental compliance programs are achieved
- Ensure overall cost and quality responsibilities are achieved in the aggregate operations, by rolling up their sleeves and supporting the facility teams in all ways needed.
- Collaborate with the Fleet Maintenance Manager to ensure that effective plans are in place and executed at each operation.
- Develop, manage and direct the implementation of the business strategic plan
- Partner with the local Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager to maintain a safe working environment, meeting all company standards and?external regulations?
- Drive and promote a culture of safety and promote a safe work environment
- Manage and provide leadership to ensure planning, scheduling, direct mining and processing of aggregates to exceed the expectations of both internal and external customer
- Identify and develop talented individuals from all levels of your organization to build the team’s capability and to strengthen the bench strength to fill key roles, both hourly and salaried
- Evaluate performance of subordinates and provide coaching enabling achievement of their full potential?
- Effectively lead team and supporting functions to accomplish organizational objectives regarding safety, environment, profit, productivity, efficiencies, production costs and quality?
- Manage and provide leadership for the maintenance of plant and mobile equipment and the purchasing functions for aggregates
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the operations
- Build relationships within the local communities surrounding the operations
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contribution
Area Manager (Victor Valley)
||Hi-Grade Materials Co.
|Posting Start Date:
||Essential Experience and Skills
- Five years of aggregates operations management
- Strong understanding of various mining methods, specifications, quality control parameters, and geology
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing aggregate operations
- Proven experience with operational issues affecting aggregate operations
- Knowledge of plant and equipment utilization and processing methods
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking and successes identifying new profitable business opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and fact-based, data driven decision making style
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience in budgeting and managing via financial statements and operations KPI’s
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain a culture of safety as a core value within all activities
- A track record of staff development skills and excellent leadership skills
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions
||This listing expires on: 10/5/2022