Technical Sales Engineer / Representative
The Technical Sales Representative will support the sales team in developing solutions for clients , providing information, service, and solutions related to purchased material. Responsible for providing technical sales support to our sales team, customers, outside labs, and other business partners. The Technical Sales representative will enhance the technical knowledge of our sales team and support customer formulation requests through in-depth knowledge of our various aggregate and industrial sand products.
- Support sales team in developing product solutions to address customers’ needs. Act as a liaison between sales team and plants to ensure production feasibility of proposed products.
- Work with customers, sales, and Quality Control Managers to identify and resolve customer quality issue complaints. Assists in the resolution of product quality-related complaints by assisting the quality control manager investigating the problem, collaboration in the development of solutions and preparing reports and making recommendations to management in addition to logging the nature of the complaint in the Complaint Management System. Actions include on-site visits, system audits, and monitoring to determine causes; recommendation and implementation of effective corrective actions at P.W. Gillibrand Co., Inc and its subsidiaries plants, labs, or customer sites; follow-up to maintain performance.
· Work with P.W. Gillibrand Co., Inc suppliers (Peat moss, dies, fertilizer, organics and other additives) to determine and evaluate the best practice recommendations. Includes close communication with purchasing and monitoring of the marketplace for new products.
· Develop new industrial sand and end-use product mixes to support P.W.G and add value for our customers.
· Periodic site visits of all plants to maintain knowledge of production, storage, and transportation of products.
· Provide technical and co-development customer support.
· Deliver high-quality technical and application-based customer presentations, seminars, and webinars, detailing the problem, procedure, results, and conclusions, and educate other employees by sharing and discussing their projects/reports.
· Act as a liaison to plants for distribution partners and with other P.W.G. labs.
· Develop technical sales tools, materials, and current product knowledge to support our sales team, customers, and supply partners.
· Provide training to support the sales team, as needed.
· Participate in marketing events such as seminars (golf, filtration, foundry) seminars, industry trade shows, and meetings.
· Stay abreast of key market trends, new patents, and peer-reviewed literature related to our products and end users to promote sales growth.
· Demonstrate expertise with several analytical methods and industry-specific processing methods.
· Support prototype formulation development and lab activities.
· Proactively communicate ideas, innovations, synergies, projects, and timelines.
· Develop network contacts, and cultivate sustained, long-term relationships with the key local technical associations and principals and employees of targeted companies and the industries we serve.
· Required to travel and be in the field, calling on customers 40% of the time. Meet with customers to strengthen rapport and address concerns.
- Demonstrate proficiency with customer relations management system (CRM) – ensure timely entering of customer complaint requests and enter visit reports.
· Follows up on all inquiries related to samples, and test data.
· Recommend product, service, and policy changes by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Attend internal sales and production meetings.