Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you request information, order a product or service, register using one of our forms, donate, or contact us offline, we may need your specific information in order to process your registration/request and reply promptly.
We may ask you for contact information (such as your name, email and address) and demographic information (such as your zip code or age). We also collect demographic and profile data at our site and in our databases. We ask for work or industry related data to help us help you through our information, our programs and our services. We use data you provide to tailor your experience at CalCIMA and develop and distribute content that we think you might be interested in.
We do not provide your name and address or email to outside parties, except as described here. To learn more about our encryption policies, please review the section on "Protecting Personal Information" (below).
2. Links to Other Sites
This site may provide links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the CalCIMA has no control over such sites and resources and is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Materials, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the CalCIMA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Materials or goods available on or through any such site or resource.
3. Monitoring of InformationWe monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the CalCIMA website. We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important changes to the websites, new services or features offered by the CalCIMA, and special offers and information we think you will find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please contact us through one of the channels identified in "How to Correct or Update Information" (below).
4. Protecting Personal InformationWhen you place orders or access your account information, we use a secure server. This secure server software, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer transactional data we collect is protected against unauthorized access with the use of digital certificates. Digital certificates for the CalCIMA are issued by VeriSign, one of the most established signers of digital certificates.
5. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and CookiesWe collect standard information, by way of a cookie, to help us evaluate how our sites are being used. A cookie is a small uniquely identifiable text file that is stored on your machine. A cookie collects information that is used for statistical purposes and does not identify you in any way.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Even without accepting cookies, you can still use most of the features throughout the CalCIMA websites.
Often times, we may use certain advertising networks and exchanges that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of certain interest-based advertising delivered by NAI members’ ad networks. To learn more about opting out of such targeted advertising or to use the NAI tool, click here. Please be aware that such opt-outs do not affect non-targeted ads. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out mechanisms or programs, or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Association Policies Regarding Disclosure of Personal Information
CalCIMA, like many other non-profit organizations, occasionally makes available only our contributor names and postal addresses to companies, predominantly other non-profit organizations. In addition, member and donor names are provided to a credit card vendor as part of our classes or trainings or sepcial events.
Names/addresses are provided on a one-time basis; therefore, these companies will not have continued access to your name and address unless you respond to them directly, which you are free to do or not to do.
You can request that we do not share, sell, or exchange your information for third party's fundraising or marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com. (If you use more than one email address , postal address or telephone number, please identify each one.) CalCIMA may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal identifying information.
6. Our Commitment to Children's PrivacyProtecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. We adhere to the 1998 Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). (For more information, visit the Federal Trade Commission's COPPA site.
7. Notification Guidelines
The Association does not send unsolicited commercial communications to individuals with whom they do not have consent/permission or a pre-existing or current business relationship.
The Association provides all notified recipients with a clear, easy and effective method to unsubscribe to any and all online communications.
Here are the options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
8. How to Correct or Update Information
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95814
9. Tell Us What You ThinkCalCIMA welcomes your questions and comments about this privacy statement, about the practices of the Association, and about your dealings with this website. Please send email to email@example.com, or write to:
455 Capitol Mall, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95814
Atten: Digital Marketing
Last Reviewed: February 15, 2023
Last Edited: February 15, 2023